"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How I would answer... #1


Today I am starting a new feature called “How I would answer...” As we head into the election season, I expect the various candidates to be asked all kinds of bizarre questions; so this is where I will post the way I would answer some of these questions. I am kicking it off with a question recently asked of Dr. Ben Carson.

Question: “Do you believe that Islam is consistent with the Constitution?”

My answer: Islam is not only a religious system, it is also a political system. Muhammad was not just a prophet, he was also a prince. He not only had an army of teachers, he also had an army of warriors. The part of Islam that is particularly inconsistent with the Constitution is its concept of jihadism and world domination. These elements, which are fundamental doctrines of the Islamic faith, are clearly inconsistent with our Constitution.

No comments: