"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

Monday, December 22, 2008

Do words reveal the mind?

Both the current and future Vice Presidents were interviewed this past Sunday. I found it interesting as I read the transcripts how these men express themselves. Usually people with a well-ordered disciplined mind speak in logical coherent sentences. Those who speak in jumbled, fragmented sentences reveal a disordered, undisciplined mind. Note these two examples. The first is Dick Chaney when asked about presidential power:

"The president of the United States now for 50 years is followed at all times, 24 hours a day, by a military aide carrying a football that contains the nuclear codes that he would use and be authorized to use in the event of a nuclear attack on the United States. He could launch the kind of devastating attack the world has never seen. He doesn't have to check with anybody. He doesn't have to call the Congress. He doesn't have to check with the courts. He has that authority because of the nature of the world we live in."

Now read the words of Joe Biden when asked if he might be considering serving in the Senate even up until he becomes Vice President:

" No, no, no, no, no, absolutely not. I've already -- if I haven't done it -- to be honest with you, I think I've done it, but if I haven't done it, I've signed a letter, will sign a letter saying, notwithstanding the fact I'll be sworn in the first day, I have no intention of staying up until the day that I am sworn in as vice president. Secondly, I yield responsibility to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to John Kerry. No, I have, no. "

Striking!

3 comments:

Brian C. Caffrey said...

Very good point, Dave. If anybody has a disordered mind, it's that squirrel Biden.

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill said...

Biden, of course, is a clown. Is there any serious person who thinks otherwise? Oh, I know he was chosen by Obama to be VP and that many on the left love the guy, but note - I said serious person.