"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

Saturday, June 13, 2020

My demand for consistency


One of the things I admire about Leftists is their ability to hold two contradictory ideas in equilibrium without feeling any particular need to resolve them. For example, they can simultaneously oppose the legalized killing of murderers and support the legalized killing on innocent pre-born children. In the midst of the latest goings-on, we again see this amazing talent being displayed. Apparently Leftists see no contradiction between tearing down a statue of Robert E. Lee because he was a "traitor" and establishing their own independent nation within the borders of the United States (i.e. CHAZ). As I contemplate this, I begin to see that life would be so much easier if I wasn't so preoccupied with demanding consistency within my own thoughts and values.     

1 comment:

Tom said...

“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald – 1936