"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

Monday, June 26, 2017

National Interest equals conservative ideology


We have all heard many times that Trump is not an ideologue, that he doesn't think in terms of ideology. Rush in particular says this a lot. In contrast, Trump is practical and thinks only in terms of what, in his judgment, would be in the best interests of our country. This caused a lot of my conservative friends to be quite negative about electing Trump. I confess that I too was nervous about it; but I always figured that rolling the dice with Trump was far better than getting a sure thing with corrupt Hillary. Well, it seems to me that we have increasing evidence that what a smart, successful businessman thinks is in the best interests of America is very similar to conservative ideology. Duh... Either that, or Trump is in fact an ideological conservative.

6 comments:

Tom said...

Trump is a pathological liar. How can anyone possibly know what he really wants for this country. Although, his budget does have some telling signs of what he wants for America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/trump-seeks-sharp-cuts-to-housing-aid-except-for-program-that-brings-him-millions/2017/06/20/bf1fb2b8-5531-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html?utm_term=.b88fc099085c

Dave said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and Bush lied, thousands died; and Obama lied about you can keep your doctor and your premiums will come down $1500.00 and it was a protest about a video in Benghazi. So what's new, Tom? Here's how you can tell what Trump wants for the country: look at what he signs.

Tom said...

I am sorry Dave, but how much longer are you going to defend this serial liar? I am not sure what exactly he has signed other than a few bills dumping some regulations that probably never even got much off the ground in being implemented. Congress has proven they are not capable of passing any kind of legislation, so what the heck has Trump done, other than lie?

Can you honestly sit there and tell me that if congress were to legislate and approve single payer healthcare that Trump would not sign it? Of course he would. All he wants is a photo op showing him signing something. He doesn't give a rats ass what he signs, just as long as he gets something to sign.

Personally, I think Mike Pence is even more dangerous to this country than Trump, so I am rooting for Trump to stay in power, but not a day goes by that I don't have second thought on that.

Tom said...

is this what conservatives stand for?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/07/19/trump-just-nominated-a-climate-skeptic-to-usdas-top-science-post/?utm_term=.f10632ac8657

By all means, let's nominate a talk radio guy to the top science post at the USDA. Are conservatives that afraid of science that they will confirm this guy? If human caused climate change is a lie, then why is all of the science being slowly done way with or neglected?

Kind of weird how all this fake news seems to be coming true a week or 2 later after it's reported.

Better yet when Tillerson quits and Trump nominates Rush, are you good with that? Better yet, maybe Trump will nominate Rush for DHS Secretary. Personally, if I were Trump, I would get Coulter for DHS.

Dave said...

When Trump was elected, I was glad, partly because I thought he might get some positive things done such as destroy ISIS and close the southern border, but mostly because it meant that corrupt Hillary lost. I told many of my friends at that time that I hope we're still glad a year from now. I decided then to give Trump a year before I judge his performance. I intend to stick with that decision.

Tom said...

Let's hope you didn't vote for a closet white nationalist. I'll be back in mid January for your Trump report. :)